Rowville Eagles – Womens
Women’s State League 4 – South – 2018
Finished: 5th (out of 14)
Total Points: 31
Record: W 10 D 1 L 7
Goal Difference: +8
Goals Scored: 52 (1st)
Goals Conceded: 44
Unveiling our inaugural women’s team, the 2018 season came and finished blisteringly fast. With most of the ladies participating in their very first competitive season of football, it warmed our hearts to see them recover and pull out of a relatively disappointing start of the season – losing their first 5 games.
After Round 6 (with 15 rounds to go), the Women’s team would only lose another 2 games for the remainder of the season. Bar a lonesome draw in Round 14, the rest of the season was impeccable, producing 10 Wins.
Competition’s Top Goal Scorer
Our very own Sophia Varga capped off a sensational season winning the 2018 Women’s State League 4 – Top Goal Scorer award.
Finishing off with an unbelievable 35 goals (of the team’s 52 total) in 18 games. That’s 1.94 goals per game.
To put that in perspective, 6 out of 14 teams within the competition scored less than 35 goals for the entire season!
You’ve earned a good rest! We hope the newly laid Park Ridge Reserve surface is comfortable!
Our Women’s Club objectives in 2019 are to:
- Promote and encourage female participation and enjoyment whilst developing the skills of players of all standards.
- Encourage and support players to play to the best of their abilities.
- Promote and provide safe and healthy environment that values, supports and encourages players of all abilities, genders, cultures and backgrounds.
- Encourage and promote fair play, respect for others and good sportsmanship.
- Value, assist and support coaches and other club volunteers in the important work they do.
In doing this we ask that our Players:
- Show respect for yourselves and all others involved in the game, including coaches and other team officials, club and match officials, and other players.
- Show pride in the club and your own achievements.
- Be prepared to give your best every time you come to training or take the field